Recent Posts

Sunday, April 13, 2014

WIP


If I remember correctly, I committed to this journey sometime on February 28. I remember because that was the time I impulsively opened (saving) accounts in BDO thinking they would give me what I need. And I just have to mention that because in this journey, it is very important to know what I “need” and I must continually fight for that than anything else like “wants”. Lol!

After a month and a half, I am still a work in progress. I’ve read I should give it at least 3 months before I get our so–called household budget right. Let me just give you an overview on how things are going with me ever since I’ve decided on this journey:
 
  • For the first 2 weeks, I had trouble sleeping. My mind is always on the spreadsheets. :O
  • Speaking of spreadsheets, I’ve been constantly changing it according to my needs. Haha! I’ll share the new version in another entry.
  • My husband and I hold weekly meetings so I can explain and we could discuss what’s going on with the spreadsheets. And of course, so we could follow through with our goals in the next 6 months.
  • Starting last week (since I’ve discovered Jordan’s site), I’ve been tracking my expenses weekly and used her free templates for the envelopes. I love free stuff! Hihi.
  • Aside from organizing accounts, I just have to find the time to organize my bag. I’ve now embraced the “bags in a bag” principle. It comes in handy for working mommies like me. Also, this works for me because my bag is probably the heaviest bag in the whole wide world. Basically, I’ve used the B5–sized bags that I’ve collected from National Bookstore all through these years. They cost less than P40 each, by the way. So I organized my things according to work, pf, household (diaper bag), and butingting (keys, powder, pens, etc) categories. Each category gets one bag. So when I’m off to work, I take out the household bag. Then when I’m out with family, I take out the work bag. So simple, really. No more kagulohan in the bag for me. lol!  :)
 
 In my next blog entry, I’ll talk about my experience in doing groceries especially the challenges and how I've worked my way around it.  So, how are you doing on your end? :)
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.