Recent Posts

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

My Goals and Updates


I’ve only started a month and a half ago but honestly, it already feels like forever; and probably that’s because during the first month, I was completely hard on myself. I didn’t really think I could push myself that hard but I did. Sometimes I’m glad but sometimes I wonder if I really did alright. Although I’ve long before read that the journey to financial freedom is not easy at all, things could get really overwhelming when you’re actually doing it.
The first thing I did after doing all the nitty–gritty stuff in spreadsheets (read budgeting, computing expenses, and so forth which is still a work in progress, by the way. I’m still adjusting.) was declaring this project of financial independence to the world via Instagram. Lol! I used the "70_30project" as hashtag in my posts, by the way. I believe you must declare it because it can help you (if not force you) to follow through with your goals. And speaking of goals, here are my goals to attain in the next 6 months:
1) Build a $1000 emergency fund asap!
2) Get a savings/investment/life insurance rolled into one (separate from my company’s)!
3) Be debt–free!
4) Start the full 3 months’ worth of expenses emergency fund!
 
(The list above is currently my phone’s wallpaper and I have no plans to taking it down. Lol!)
 
After a month and a half, here’s an update:
1) Build a $1000 emergency fund asap! (We’re now at 15%. Not bad huh? hihi.)
2) Get a savings/investment/life insurance rolled into one (separate from my company’s)! (Done! :D)
3) Be debt–free! (Still paying; a WIP, which reminds me I should start working on the figures for this in terms of completion percentage. It’s not on the spreadsheet yet. Toinks.)
4) Start the full 3 months’ worth of expenses emergency fund! (Will start on this once all goals 1, 2, and 3 are completed.)

 
I just have to place the list here and the updates so I can really see the progress (no matter how small) and you can also see that there really is progress when you just push yourself to doing it. :) So how about you? How have you been progressing?
(I’ll blog about each of the goals above in my next entries. Hihi.)
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.